Why Choose No Quit Tennis Academy?
The No Quit
Using tennis as a vehicle to teach children leadership, sportsmanship, a strong work ethic, and a passion for excellence.
The No Quit Tennis Academy Executive Director, Tim Blenkiron, has been playing and coaching tennis since he was 2 years old. He has dedicated his life to the sport and along the way has worked for Andre Agassi, United States Tennis Association, as well as having coached on the WTA Tour. Blenkiron has handpicked a very diverse group of coaches with International experience that include College & Professional tennis players, Club Directors and Fitness Specialists. He has personally trained them all on his Philosophy and System which includes the following:
- Spending as much time developing the person and the athlete as you do the tennis player
- Teaching kids to use tennis as a way to learn life lessons
- Putting the athlete first and develop a team around them
- Emphasize striving for excellence
- Emphasize sportsmanship & the spirit of competition
Your game is in your hands. The No Quit Tennis Academy is home to outstanding coaches and some of the top Juniors in the Nation and the Intermountain Section. The full-time morning Academy is an intense workout five days per week with top coaches, outstanding players, and usually a few outstanding alumni when they are on break from the Professional Tour or College. Improving your game is always a top goal at the No Quit Academy. Since 2006, the No Quit Tennis Academy
- 10 top five Nationally ranked players
- 3 players have played in the Jr. US Open
- 5 National Championships
- 45 Intermountain Championships
- Over 1,000 tennis participates
- More than 100 Top 5 in Intermountain rankings
- 10 Nevada High School State Champions
- Over 20 international students/players
The No Quit Philosophy supports a strong education for every player. Earning outstanding grades and preparing for a top college are the ultimate goals of the No Quit Tennis Academy. Since its beginning in 2006, the No Quit Academy has had:
- 100% college admissions for all full-time players over the past 5 years
- Over $10 Million in College Scholarships to such schools as Harvard, The Wharton School of University of Pennsylvania, Georgetown, Villanova, University of Southern California, University of Massachusetts, University of Nebraska, UNLV, Carnegie Mellon, BYU, The Citadel, and more
- 85 players who have earned College Scholarships
- All current full-time academy players have maintained at least a B average and 90% have earned straight A’s in a college prep program
Outstanding Leadership Program
The No Quit Tennis Academy partners with the Marty Hennessey Foundation who supports an outstanding leadership program. The Leadership is designed to provide No Quit players the opportunity to meet and learn from top leaders in
- East Coast Leadership Program
- Winter Leadership Retreat
- Leadership Internships
- Leadership Service Projects
More About No Quit
Las Vegas Location and Weather: The No Quit Tennis Academy is located in beautiful Las Vegas where the sun shines 360 days per year:
- Training available almost 365 days per year
- Clay courts, indoor courts and outdoor courts available
- Close to top tournament locations: Driving – 4 hours to LA, San Diego and Phoenix. 8 hours to Salt Lake City, 12 hours to Denver
Hand FeedingRacquet FeedingLive Ball
Closed EnvironmentOpen Dynamic Environment
Here at the Academy we follow closely with the USTA’s guidelines for progressions. We believe in not skipping steps and only moving forward with a child’s development when they have mastered the progression and understand the skill.
Every practice session is carefully planned out by our team of qualified coaches. It follows a detailed technical plan designed to both challenge the player while giving them a lasting lesson which can be built on in future practices. Every practice students are given:
– 2.5 hours of training in line with USTA guidelines
– 30 mins of Leadership/Life Applicators
– 30-1hr of Fitness Stretching/Yoga mediation
Life Skills: All Players are given an education not in the arena of tennis but in life. Every student that graduates the academy will know what it truly is to live in the moment and will have a sense of purpose and place in the world. Daily students will be given a life application to everything they learn on the tennis court.
Nutrition: Every player will be expected treat their bodies like a temple. You cannot be exceptional unless you have nourished your body with the very best food.
All players will be given a course in proper nutrition for daily life, athletic competition, maximizing energy, minimizing illness and injury.
We also maintain that all players subscribe to sleeping patterns that promote wellness. All players are taught the value of rest as a nourishment to the body and without it our system cannot function at an optimal level.
Fitness: The Academy is devoted to the discipline of Yoga and Meditation. As part of their training twice a week a Yoga instructor will conduct classes designed to release tension and build strength and energy through calming the mind and stretching the body. In addition to Yoga we also provide the players with a complete strength and conditioning program designed to target areas important to tennis development.
Spiritual Training: It is vital that in order to develop oneself as an exceptional tennis player and human being, one must truly be at peace and KNOW ONESELF. Shakespeare said “To thy own self be true”. At the the Academy players are taught to develop an insight into themselves that allows them to see the importance of living in the present moment and focusing on the NOW!
College Scholarships & Pro Tennis: Every Player that graduates the Academy receives a college scholarship. It’s that simple! 100% graduation rate. We have also had success developing professional tennis players. Most recently Asia Muhammed and Kimberly Yee have both been developed under the No Quit Academy’s Guidance.
3075 W Washington Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89107
Anthem Country Club
1 Club Side Dr.
Henderson, NV 89052